Gospel-Driven Godliness and Church Membership, Part 3
August 11, 2013 Pastor: John Fonville Series: Titus
Scripture: Titus 2:2–2:10
Gospel-Driven Godliness and Church Membership
August 11, 2013
Text: Titus 2:1-10
A. Older men are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. v. 2
B. Older women are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. v. 3
1. Older women are to be reverent in behavior. v. 3a
2. Older women are not to be slanderers. v. 3b
3. Older women are not to be slaves to much wine. v. 3c
4. Older women are to teach what is good. v. 3d
1. The gospel creates its own distinctive culture for women in the church.
2. There is a great need in the church for the teaching role of older women.
Older women are “an invaluable resource, a stabilizing influence and a living example of the mature fruits of the gospel for the younger generation of the congregation,” (Douglas Milne, 1, 2 Timothy and Titus, p. 11).
© John Fonville
Permissions: Permission is happily granted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not revise the wording in any way and do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on Paramount’s website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by John Fonville.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Fonville
More in Titus
January 18, 2015Demonstrate the Charity of Good Citizenship, Part 2
September 14, 2014Demonstrate the Charity of Good Citizenship
August 31, 2014Threats To Good Citizenship, Part 4