We Believe, Teach & Confess
We believe, teach and confess historic Christianity as revealed in the Holy Scriptures and summarized in the three orthodox Creeds (see Article 8: Of The Three Creeds in the Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion):
To the three orthodox Creeds, we also include the Definition of Chalcedon (AD 451), which summarizes the truth of the person and natures of Jesus Christ.
We believe, teach and confess historic Christianity as revealed in the Holy Scriptures and summarized in the Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion of 1571. We also uphold the 1662 Book of Common Prayer as a true and authoritative standard of worship and prayer as well as the classic Anglican Ordinal as an authoritative standard of clerical orders.
We also esteem other Reformation confessional documents such as the Three Forms of Unity:
We believe, teach and confess the Five Solas of the Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura ("Scripture alone"- Our final authority)*
- Sola Gratia ("by grace alone"- Our only cause)
- Sola Fide ("through faith alone"- Our only instrument)
- Solus Christus ("in Christ alone"- Our only mediator)
- Soli Deo Gloria ("glory to God alone"- Our only goal)
*NOTE: “Sola Scriptura” means the Scriptures alone serve as the final, sufficient, inerrant [does not err] and infallible [cannot err] rule of faith and practice.