Gospel-Driven Godliness and Church Membership, Part 6
Gospel-Driven Godliness and Church Membership
Text: Titus 2:1-10
September 8, 2013
A. Older men are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. v. 2
B. Older women are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. v. 3
C. Young women are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. vv. 4-5
D. Younger men are to live in a way that accords with sound doctrine. vv. 6-8
1. The Virtue of Young Men, v. 6
2. The Example of Titus, vv. 7-8
a. Purity of Motives, v. 7b
b. Seriousness of manner, v. 7c
c. Soundness in teaching, v. 8a
3. The Disarming of Opponents, v. 8c
1. Younger men need the modeling of older men in the church.
2. It is possible for a young man to exercise self-control.
3. Paul’s concern is for the gospel and this should be the concern of a young man as well.
© John Fonville
Permissions: Permission is happily granted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not revise the wording in any way and do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on Paramount’s website is preferred. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by John Fonville.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Fonville
More in Titus
January 18, 2015Demonstrate the Charity of Good Citizenship, Part 2
September 14, 2014Demonstrate the Charity of Good Citizenship
August 31, 2014Threats To Good Citizenship, Part 4